This is an archived page and is no longer updated.
The Year 2000 Problem Classification
This is a first attempt to classify the types of Year 2000 problem.
The idea of such a classification is thereby to get a better handle
on how a Year 2000 problem can affect computer-based systems.
[more precise description of the classification problem]
Hardware / Software
Information Technologie / Embedded Systems
'General Domains' in which a Year 2000 problem can appear
- Bank und financial systems
- Health Care systems
- Rail Traffic
- Air Traffic Control Systems (ATC's)
- Radar systems
- Ticketing systems
- Signalling and traffic-light installations
- Traffic guidance systems
- Public installations and government
- Energy provision systems
- Defence and military systems
- Office systems
- Consumer electronics